With pollen seasons getting longer and stronger, you may find that allergy symptoms get in the way of fully enjoying your life. You know the symptoms – drippy or stuffy nose, sneezing, itchy eyes, nose and throat, or worsened asthma.
We are now offering a simple allergy treatment.
Sublingual immunotherapy, or allergy drops, is a safe, convenient way to treat the cause of your allergies and help you build long-term tolerance to the things that once made you miserable.
- The patient tailored drops work similar to allergy shots, but are delivered through a liquid drop under the tongue at home or wherever you are.
- This method makes it easier to stay with your treatment and requires fewer office visits than with other methods.
- Although most allergy sufferers can benefit from allergy drops, they’re especially ideal for those who can’t tolerate or don’t respond to allergy shots, as well as those who are unable to commit to allergy shot therapy.
Do allergy drops work?
Use of sublingual immunotherapy in the U.S. dates back nearly 100 years, and research has proven allergy drops’ effectiveness.
- Allergy drops are custom to each patient based on testing, history and exam.
- Drops can be used safely for a broad range of people including infants and children, those with food allergies, people with chronic health conditions such as asthma, sinusitis, and those with multiple allergies.
- World Health Organization research has shown the use of allergy drops is an effective alternative to shots.
- Allergy drops provide you with an opportunity for lasting, and often permanent, benefits.
If you’re interested in more information, please call us at 919-999-0831 or visit our website, www.carolinatotalwellness.com.
We appreciate being part of your care and are pleased to bring you this option.